Can I get my email on my smartphone or tablet device?
We recommend it! With Cardinal Cloud its easy to get your email, calendar, and contacts on the Go. We've tailored instructions to the most popular devices below. Generally, we recommend downloading the Gmail app specifically made for your device because it will give you the best experience; we've placed direct links to these apps on their corresponding marketplaces for your convenience. All these apps are free! If you must use your native mail client, we've got some instructions in the categories below as well.
iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
iOS makes it pretty easy to get your Cardinal Cloud email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Here are two ways to get your mail:
- Using the native mail client:
- Open the "Settings" app
- Go to the "Mail, Contacts, Calendar" selection
- Select "Add Account"
- Choose "Google"
- Enter your name, SUNY Plattsburgh Email Address, Password, and name the account
- Click Next and you're done!
- Download the Gmail App for iOS Here
- Open the app and enter your SUNY Plattsburgh email address and password when prompted... done!
- While you're at it download the Google Calendar app as well for easy calendar viewing, just search the store